Notice Board and Upcoming Events
Discover what's going on across the Royal New Zealand Navy and stay up to date...
Postponement - Tower de Force 2019
The Tower de Force event is back! Cheer on New Zealand military and emergency response teams as they compete in this exciting urban relay challenge. This is a great fun event and watching the teams from Navy, Army and Air Force battling it out!
- Due to the recent tragic events in Christchurch, the decision has been made to postpone this year’s Tower de Force event originally planned for Saturday, 23rd March.
- We will advise a new date in due course.
29 April 2019 - Operation HIKI ANO 2019
Concentrated training period for our sailors and officers.
- HIKI ANO has been designed to accelerate Navy's readiness prior to the introduction of the Dive Hydrographic vessel (MANAWANUI), Polar-class sustainment vessel (AOTEAROA) and the return of the modernised Anzac frigates (TE KAHA and TE MANA).
- HIKI ANO is taking place over the period 29 April to 14 June 2019. HMNZ Ships CANTERBURY and WELLINGTON along with shore establishments like the Devonport Naval Base will be platforms for training our sailors and officers.
- Focussed training will include enhance promotion flow, leadership workshops, weapon familiarisation, refresher courses, and dedicated activities at sea to up skill and qualify personnel.
11 May 2019 - Wellington International Pride Parade
The Wellington Pride Parade has be confirmed for Saturday 11 May. In light of the events in Christchurch it is felt that we, as a Defence Force, need to step out and show our support for the diversity not just within our ranks but within our communities. While the original parade was a celebration of diversity, the rescheduled event has an air of defiance against those who fear and hate people who are different.